Saturday, February 18, 2017

Love First

We love because he first loved us. 
1 John 4:19

Accept the unaccepted. Love the unlovable. Want the unwanted. Be a voice for the voiceless. Isn't that what Christ calls us to do? Isn't that how he spent his time here on earth? Where would we be without the love of Jesus. One of my favorite quotes written by yours truly is, "Like a bag hanging in a tree, so was I until He rescued me." Without Jesus, I am nothing. The simple task of raising my hand couldn't be carried out without the strength of God, forced by his love for me.

Love is found in a new born's cry or a look in a mother's eyes. Love is a gentle push from those that believe in you. Love is putting others first. It is giving more than getting. Love is the ability to see beyond  a person and view their heart. Love allows you to see the good in others.

We love because he first loved us. When the wind blows, God reminds me he's there. When I see a rainbow, I'm reminded of a promise that God can't break! To receive hugs and kisses from the ones I love is a gift from God. When he corrects, that's love. Everything God does in an act of love.

Love First


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog