Monday, February 13, 2017

FOCUS ON YOUrself!

After putting on mascara this morning, I noticed something in my eye. It kept bothering me. I rubbed and I rubbed and I rubbed. After trying to figure out what was in my eye, I noticed a small dot. The dot was the same size of a period; you know, the punctuation mark that goes at the end of a sentence. That's how small the dot was. God reminded me what Matthew 7:3 says.

We can get so focused on things others do...we critique them...we give our unsolicited opinions... we judge, sometimes we do so unconsciously. This year, I'm going to be on guard about the words that come out of my mouth. I will be mindful of the things I say. When we talk about others, we put ourselves higher than another and we know one isn't greater than the other.  For we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

When tempted to talk about, look down, or judge people, PRAY! Pray when people do you wrong and you have things you wish to say about them to satisfy your flesh. Pray when someone cuts you off in traffic. Pray when your coworkers are talking about others. Take the high road. Be Christ like.

It's a job focusing on ourselves, nonetheless, another. PRAY!

Why do you worry about the speck in your friend's eye when there is a log in your own eye?
Matthew 7:3

PRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog